Mittwoch, 30. April 2014

Private photos from Expo 64

50 years ago today, the Swiss National Exhibition, the Expo 64 opened its doors in Lausanne. Here's some unfiltered view via a pile of private photos I recently found on the flea market. Their original size is 6.5x6.5 cm, but I scanned them in 600 dpi, so you can zoom in. I might add some information about the pavillions and artworks later, but so far, please make your own stories.

UPDATE: I wrote a text based on these photos for The Modernist magazine. Here's a slightly revised online version. 

More posts on this seminal exhibition to come. Please check out my previous posts on Expo 64:
Pics from the construction and the buildings (from the construction foremen magazine; the images from the Swiss army's "concrete hedgehog" are probably the most tumblred pics from my blog).
Rolf Liebermann's composition for 156 office machines.
















 










Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen